Friday, March 4, 2011

Pop the cork

I am a people photographer. Okay, since I also love my four-legged clients I'll amend that and say I'm a photographer of living things. That's what I do, and it's what I love.....capturing life and expression. While it's admittedly easier to photography things that stand still, rendering a beautiful scenario has never quite given me as much of a thrill as capturing a special moment of emotion being experienced. Aside from vacation or an occasional whim I've never really been interested in landscape or still life photography. Not that I don't adore an exquisite landscape, because I do, and have one by a friend displayed in my home.

So I sorta surprised myself by impulsively giving in to a moment of inspiration. These are some of the first wine fine art images I've produced but I plan to do more. I really enjoyed it, and photographing wine bottles is much less aerobic than say, photographing toddlers and puppies!