Sunday, June 5, 2011

In praise of Moms.... {Atlanta and Marietta Family Photographer}

Wedding season is in full swing, so I'm trying to catch up and share recent images of some lovely brides, as well as some personal things, including some recent holidays.  Is it just me or are there not enough hours in the day sometimes?!

So with Father's Day quickly approaching I remembered I hadn't blogged about Mother's Day a few weeks back.   Of course I was with mia famiglia celebrating and spending time with the crazy bunch.  My oldest nephew Caleb is VERY excited that he's as tall as his great grandmother.



Ian is apparently a big fan of a singer/dancer named Jason Derulo and was eager to show me his moves.



We also had some unfinished business in the form of a belated Easter egg hunt.  I know, I know....but everybody was sick on Easter Sunday, so the "bunny" had to swing back by to hide eggs once the entire family was relatively healthy and all together again.  I think the shift from full tilt search mode to wolfing down the contents of the baskets gets shorter every year.  They'd hover down all of it in one sitting if we let them.





Once the hunters were exhausted and the remaining candy confiscated and safely out of reach we got to the main event.  Handwriting is still a work in progress for the boys (!), but they all made a special effort to sign their mom's card.  I love Ian's!



Then it was time to unveil the surprise gift I had planned for Mom and Paula.  This was the result of some photos I took when we were together for Paula's birthday a few weeks prior.  Each person was photographed individually and then I layered them together for a twist on a family portrait.  Then I had them printed at my pro lab and framed.  Here's the finished product:








Mom's reaction.....




Paula and Grandma's reaction......





I think they liked it.  :)

Hope you and your's had a fantastic weekend.