Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summertime in the country {Georgia Lifestyle Photographer}

So here is the final installment in the family visit posts.  Dang, we had such a fun time!  The definition of "fun" for kids and adults is definitely two different things, but everyone came away happy on this trip.  For those older (and hopefully wiser), we know that time moves quickly and time spent with family is very important.  Aging relatives are fragile and to be cherished.  We were only there a few days to tried to squeeze in quick visits to as many people as possible.  The kids, on the other hand, are not mindful of any of this, which is as it should be.  They just want to be kids, and enjoy simple pleasure like rope swings, dogs, tadpoles, and the exquisite freedom of running wild through an open field.

My cousin Al's daughter Lexie shows us how it's done.  Yes, I'm a girl, and this puts me back in touch with my inner desire to twirl....just for the fun of it.


Caleb





Aunt Faye has had a German Shepherd out in the yard for as long as I can remember.


Ian

Levi

Peyton, showing off an award he won at school.

Lexie

Levi has this fearless physical energy that's amazing.  I don't know how he got into this position!





My Aunt Faye and Mom....aren't they cute?!


Cousin Al, preparing to take us on a ride with the 4-wheeler.











We stopped on the way back to pick blueberries.



This is an example of 4 year old machismo, quite typical with Ian these days, which becomes I-Can-Do-It-Myself-itis.

(and almost resulted in a loss of balance and a face plant in the dirt before it was all over)

Grammy and Aunt Faye trying to make holes in the lid of the jar in which the tadpoles were kept.  I am (not) sorry to report that none of them survived the trip back to Atlanta.

A quick visit to Aunt Diane and Uncle Wayne's.  Due to my professional background I am obligated to give a shout out and note that this is a LaZBoy Maverick recliner.  (To my friend and former manager Jennifer.....you're welcome!)


The boys playing with great Aunt Gladys' dog, Ben....they LOVED him, and he gave lots of licks to the face, too. 




Mom, Paula, and Aunt Gladys.