Monday, July 12, 2010

Up and at 'em {Georgia Lifestyle Photographer}

Another installment from our family trip.  Saturday was going to be our very busy day, so I was lucky to awake in the stillness before the household came to life.  In other words, before the beasties I refer to as nephews graced us with their presence.  Caleb and Ian were sacked out in Grandma Parker's pink bedroom--they look so sweet and peaceful.


But do not be confused:  they can be quietly slumbering one moment...


and hugging the life out of you the next.  (my sister reminded me that he calls this the Super Squeeze.....and yes, it involves growling)

Levi, bless him, is a little slower about starting the day.  Aunt Nina feels for you, bud.  You look better than I do first thing in the morning.


Not everyone begins the day with this much enthusiasm.  I KNOW I don't, at least not before coffee.  I firmly believe that whichever gene results in a 'morning person' is an unnatural and completely unacceptable mutation of the normal human condition. I'm just sayin'.....

Caleb went from groggy to in motion when I told him Grammy was making french toast.  The kid ejected from the bed to the table in record time.

He chewed/cut one of his slices into a heart for me.  Isn't that sweet?!  (Or is it sad that heart-shaped french toast is all it takes to impress me?   Hmmmm)

For the record, I've seen that look before, and it's trouble:  he's up, fed, ready to rumble, his mom is at the stove and Papa is focused on his food.  Lookout!