Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas at Grammy and Papa's house {Atlanta Family Photographer}

We had a good time celebrating Christmas together at my parents' house, especially since it was the first "white" Christmas for many of us.  Snow on Christmas Day just isn't the norm down here below the Mason Dixon line!  Unfortunately getting out and playing in it was not an option, so there aren't any pictures of that.  As the snow continued and driving conditions deteriorated, we decided to keep the celebration fairly short so everyone could get home safely well before dark.

But the indoor celebration was quite festive.  My contribution this year was hand knit hats for the boys....


Caleb's is a chunky oatmeal-colored yarn, and my first time trying cables.  Levi's was a simple roll brim in blue to match his eyes.  His ended up a bit smaller on him than I would have liked--that kid has a big noggin!  On the flip side, Ian's is a bit larger than I would have liked.  Yes, that is a Transformer face on that hat.  Another first for me:  knitting with two colors simultaneously to make a design.  Quite tricky, and not the most finished product I've ever turned out, but he loves it, which is all that counts.



My sister got one, too.  She's getting up at 5:00am these days to get the boys to school and arrive at work by 7:00ish, and it's cold.  So her's is super soft and plush and has ear flaps.  I liked it so much i may have to make one for myself!




Then there was the cabin-fever, boys-will-be-boys karate demonstration portion of the day.

Paula on video camera duty, until she almost got wiped out by an attempted bicycle kick.



Here's the entire crew, hats and crazy faces galore.  Poor Grandma is the lone spot of dignity in this scenario.

And did I mention toe socks?  This year it was ALL about the toe socks.  Those suckers turned out to be hard to find, due to high demand, apparently.  I finally just ordered a jumbo pack off the internet so everyone could wear them.  Hah!  Mom didn't know about that until the day off--she didn't expect to have a pair pressed on her, and neither did Dad.  But they were good sports about it. 



Thrilled to have Grandma Parker with us to celebrate another holiday.  She just turned 98 in October.
Hope your holiday was fun and festive and full of good things!