Friday, July 8, 2011

My "Say Yes To The Dress" Addiction

For many people, Friday night is "date night." I couldn't agree more: I usually have a very high priority commitment that involves pizza (usually California Pizza Kitchen), a glass of wine, and "Say Yes to the Dress." I find this show completely fascinating, not only seeing the variety of styles that are available now in bridal fashion, but also also because of the brides, their stories, and the families that go along with them.


Now, the essential elements of the evening are NOT random. For instance, it can't be just any pizza. [Occasionally, and usually due to some sort of traumatic event, I'll succumb to the inexpensive lure of a Tostino's, but rarely) Friday night, SYTTD-watching pizza, though.....it must be good pizza. Sometimes I'll even make this version of CPK's BBQ Chicken Pizza.

Tonight is the premiere of the new season of "Say Yes To The Dress Atlanta" which has particular resonance for me since it's where I live.  When the show premiered I was eager to watch, and even saw people I knew.   Now I have a new season to look forward to, as well as a complimentary show:  "Say Yes To The Dress Bridesmaids".  [Best quote from the promo video:  "That color is a hot tranny mess."]  Let the drama begin!