Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Day with Ian {Atlanta Child Photographer}

My nephews are very precious to me.  They're the reason I pursued photography, my frequent subjects and inspiration, and just a joy to be around.  (Except when they're grumpy or fighting over the Wii, but that's another blog post!)

So it wasn't a burden to take my youngest nephew, Ian, for a sleepover and a day with Aunt Nina as the last week of summer break began.  I had promised him a while back and it was definitely time to fulfill that.  So Sunday night after eating Mexican with the family he and his little overnight backpack came home with me.  Even though it was getting late we took our baths, got into our PJs (mine grey cotton from Target, his Pirates of the Caribbean), and cuddled on the couch to watch "Toy Story."

The next day we got up, had breakfast, and took off for a full day of fun.  We went hiking and exploring, ate at McDonalds, played on the playground, went to see "Cars 2", got ice cream cones, and fed the geese at my apartment complex.  The mom and dad geese are still a bit watchful over their nearly full-grown goslings, so a few times daddy hissed and flapped his wings, which caused some entertaining reactions from Ian.   Before we knew it 5pm was upon us and it was time to head home.  This is one of those days I could do over and over.....like "Groundhog Day."


A Day with Ian from Nina Parker on Vimeo.
My youngest nephew Ian got to have a sleepover and a day of fun with me, and it was truly a fabulous time.  We packed in as many activities as we could in a day.  What wouldn't I do for an adorable 5 year old who mugs for the camera and calls me his "Pretty Princess Aunt Nina"?!?  He has a tender heart, boundless energy, and genuine willingness to help other people.......I think he can change the world if he wants to.