Friday, September 2, 2011

Baby Steps......The Baby and The Business {Atlanta Baby Photographer}

As I was talking with someone about the Baby Button program yesterday, I mentioned that I bought my first camera just before the birth of my first nephew.  That one decision, of course, is a major factor in my story, so I've mentioned it in conversation many, many times.  But somehow this particular chat made me a bit nostalgic.  Perhaps it's the fact that said nephew has a birthday coming up and his age will transition from single to double digits.  [A decade......HOW is that possible?!?!]

In any case, he was, absolutely, my inspiration, my favorite subject for a long time, and technically, the first ever Button Baby!  [I can almost hear his embarrassed snort of pre-pubescent disdain even as I type that.]  My original desire was solely to capture our family's memories, and both my equipment and skills were amateur.  Still, this was how it all started:  I fell in love with that baby, and fell in love with photographing him.  Although Caleb took his first steps years before my business did, the die was cast when I experienced the capability to take the essence of a lively baby, funnel it through a camera lens onto film, and then preserve it forever as a beautiful image.

So I dug into the archives, rolled my eyes at some of my early attempts at photography, and scanned these from the original film prints.  Here we go:


Caleb at 3 Months



At 6 months


Celebrating his First Birthday


And his Second


Thanks, Caleb, for being such a gorgeous baby, a fantastic model, and for inspiring me then and now.

Love,

Aunt Nina