Thursday, September 29, 2011

To Barkworld I Go! {Atlanta Pet Photographer}

So the last 48 hours have been crazymaking.  Cuh....ray.....zee.  After being at WPPI U for three fabulous days I came home to a somewhat limited food supply, trash that needed taking out, a laundry situation, multiple calls and emails to return, a wedding client consultation, not to mention final preparations for this weekend.    And by 'this weekend' I mean an expo, a workshop to teach on Friday, and weddings to shoot both Saturday and Sunday.  Dear gussy.

And it's about time to head over to the hotel to set up the booth at Barkworld Expo 2011.  Wah-hoo!  But here's what been going on at my place:

Tentative booth layout and planning area (also known as, The Living Room).  Tape went down on the floor to replicate dimensions.  I sat on the floor because the furniture is covered with stuff!






The making of the chocolate/peanut butter oatmeal cookies, because getting through this week without sugar was inconceivable.  I burned the first batch and had to throw it out--it was THAT bad.  (Yes, I tried to eat it.  I hate waste but even I couldn't stomach the first attempt.)  This is the second batch, which STILL didn't come out right, although they satisfied the wild-eyed dessert-deprived monster I was looking at in the mirror.  They didn't firm up like they usually do, and the sugar was gritty and lumpy.  User error, I'm sure, but I've made this recipe a million times before.  It's my go-to when i need a sugar fix.



There were some happy developments, like when my FedEx guy showed up.  He's not MY FedEx guy, but I like him a lot.  He knows about my business and says encouraging things about how he can tell things are going well because the frequency of deliveries has increased.  He's a "you can do it!" kinda guy....isn't that nice?!  He had several boxes for me this week, including a coffee table book I ordered for Barkworld.  It's a gorgeous green fabric, with rich-looking layflat hinged pages.  The content is Quincy's urban session in midtown Atlanta a while back.  I'm really happy with how the book turned out, and since I know Quincy's mom Cara will be at the event this weekend, I bet she'll be happy, too.